If pupils are absent for a prolonged period of time or if school has to close due to corona virus, your child’s teacher has sent out information about work to be completed and some classes have been given work packs. Please work through these as they have specific work for your child.
This information can be accessed from the links below:
In addition, there are more links to websites that have work for other areas of learning which will ensure that pupils have access to the full primary curriculum.
- Critters – Book Creator (KS1/KS2)
- Make An Isolation Movie Trailer Using iMovie (KS2)
- Joiners – Pic Collage
- Scratch Film Remake
- Thankyou NHS- ScratchJr
- Pic Collage My Favourite Book
Your Own Library at Home
Team Tutti: Team Tutti is a self-guided learning experience using animated characters to deliver fun and engaging lesson content whilst promoting a deep dive into composition and technology. A series of weekly modules deliver a combination of musical concepts, creative challenges to encourage the implementation of new skills and an interactive quiz to assess learning https://teamtutti.org
BBC Ten Pieces at Home: This week become a mythical warrior and practice your acting skills with a drama workshop inspired by Ride of the Valkyries from Wilhelm Richard Wagner’s opera Die Walküre. https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/ten-pieces/ten-pieces-at-home/zjy3382
Sing Up at Home: Sing Up at Home has themed playlists of songs to fit every mood – including songs to calm and relax you, songs to get you moving, and empowering songs to lift you up. There are also songs and activities for learning about topics and every week https://www.singup.org/singupathome
EYFS/KS1 Music: National Pioneers
The United Kingdom is filled with music! Whether it’s England, Northern Ireland, Scotland or Wales, there’s a long history of traditional music and talented modern musicians. In National Pioneers, a musician from one of the four Nations tells a story about how music changed their childhood and introduces a traditional local instrument alongside one of their own songs. https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/bring-the-noise/national-pioneers-pages/zvg9kmn?dm_t=0,0,0,0,0
Bring the Noise – Play It! Suitable for EYFS and Key Stage 1
Get started with Play It! and explore the different elements that make up a song, play or clap along with the music and make then listen back to your own version of songs. This tool is suitable for both teachers in the classroom and children to use independently. https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/bring-the-noise/eyfs-ks1-music-play-it-bring-the-noise/z4sq92p
Out of the Ark At Home: Free Singing Resources. Topical and educational songs with lyrics and additional activities. https://www.outoftheark.co.uk/ootam-at-home/
Beat Goes On: Stomp style body percussion – episode 2! See below if you missed episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1sch6wmmcE
RSNO (Royal Scottish National Orchestra) Music Challenges: These are musical activities you can do at home with things you can find around the house – including your voice. There are 5 challenges and videos are led by members of the RSNO. They do a demonstration of each challenge and then explain how to do it.
Knowsley News: Links to online and virtual resources relating to culture and creativity for all, plus a book which is helpful in explaining coronavirus to children.https://www.knowsleynews.co.uk/arts-culture-and-creativity-websites-to-visit/
Camerata Mini Music Makers: Practical music making activities with professional musicians. You will also learn a little bit about the instruments they play. Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/manccamerata or via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ManchesterCamerata /
- Episode 1 Key Stage 1 Instrument – Piano. You will need a small container with a lid (butter tub/Tupperware type box), small items to put inside (rice/pasta/beads), paper and drawing things (pencils/crayons)
- Episode 2 Key Stage 2 Instrument – French Horn. You will need Lego to build an instrument, (if you don’t have Lego you can use anything you have at home i.e. spoons on a pan, rice or pasta in a tub to make sounds.)
- Episode 3 Key Stage 1 Instrument – Violin. You will need a piece of paper, pens or Crayons (blue/green/yellow/black)
- Episode 4 Key Stage 2 Instrument – Tuba. You will need household objects to make different sounds (the sounds you need will be explained during the episode)
- Episode 5 Key Stage 2 Instrument – Piano. You will need paper and drawing materials, noise makers (spoons on pans/homemade shakers)
- Episode 6 Key Stage 2 Instrument – French Horn. You will need paper and pens, Keyboard App
Royal Opera House, creative learning at home: Lots of interesting activities, videos to watch and things to create – Suitable for ages 5 – 11. https://learning-platform.roh.org.uk/create-and-learn/
Charanga: Charanga is a good resource and offers a free one month trial which is something that may help support you with music activities at this time. There is no obligation to buy this but if you do decide to please let me know as we subsidise this through our Arts Council grant. https://www.knowsleyonlinemusic.co.uk/site/free-trial/
Marvellous Musical Podcasts – David Walliams: There are 10 episodes looking at different composers, musicians and instruments and are delivered in a humorous and informative style with plenty of good music listening clips. More listening is available on Sound and Music on their Minute of Listening section. You can register for free to access to listening activities for KS1/KS2 to encourage discussion and reflection. They are grouped as Collections, Curriculum and Mood. The Mood section would be valuable for PSHE and mental wellbeing. http://marvellousmusicalpodcast.com/
The Beat Goes On: Stomp style body percussion! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4mZhv9HS-g
- Home Learning
- Free resources: http://www.natre.org.uk/about-natre/free-resources-for-you-and-your-pupils/
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LIVE CHANNELS:
Twinkl is offering access to all Twinkl resources with a One Month Ultimate Membership, totally free of charge. Go to www.twinkl.co.uk/offer and enter the code UKTWINKLHELPS.
BBC School Radio
Some great resources here with video/audio downloads for Early Years, KS1 & KS2.
Eg – A to Z of Nursery Rhymes, Medleys, Action Songs etc
Primary Music video resources on traditional stories, themes and topics,
KS1 & KS2 Songs, again listed with themes and topics.
Blue Peter Music Badge
This is surprisingly easy to earn and the badge is designed by Ed Sheeran!
Wellbeing lessons that will be rolled out every Wednesday at 10am. All you need to do is subscribe to their YouTube channel
Home Learning Pack
Follow the link below to access free e-books
Educational games, facts and activities for all ages and all subjects
- Osprey Nest Live Cam: Follow the story of an osprey pair, Louis and Aila, live from the heart of an ancient Caledonian pine forest. The camera will be live throughout the 2020 season to bring you a glimpse of forest life from the Scottish Highlands. Louis and Aila have now returned and are incubating three eggs. https://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/trees-woods-and-wildlife/osprey-cam/
- Changes in materials
- Fish Food Game
- Plant and animal habitats
- Dental Health Games
- Teeth and Eating
- Electrical Circuits
Fun 3 – 7s
Fun 7 – 11s