Welcome to the Reception webpage, we hope this page gives you all of the information about Reception that you need. If you would like information about anything else please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Clarke & Mrs Lavender.
Summer Term in Reception
We will be reading Supertato by Sue Hendra and learning to:
- Read and understand simple sentences (that include all taught graphemes)
- Read some common irregular words
- Demonstrate understanding about what they have read
- Read words with adjacent consonants
- Use phonic knowledge to write words in ways which match their spoken sounds
- Spell some common irregular words
- Write simple sentences which can be read by themselves and others (applying taught phonic sounds)
- Write phonetically plausible words
- Use key features of narrative in own writing
- Have an awareness of a capital letter and full stop when writing a simple sentence
- Phase 4: Set 12
We will also be reading non-fiction texts about food, growing fruit and vegetables, and superheroes. Children will continue to bring home a reading for pleasure book and nursey rhyme each week, and phonics books will be allocated online via the Active Learn Phonics Bug website.
- Exploring Patterns
- Counting on and counting back
- Numbers to 20
We will be further developing our understanding of numbers to 20, practising counting on and counting back, and exploring patterns.
We will be studying topics related to ‘Good News’, ‘Friends’, and ‘Our World’.
Expressive Arts and Design
We will be using a range of materials to build safari enclosures, create maps and props for a bear hunt, and creating footprints and paw marks.
Understanding the World
We will be developing our understanding of the world by exploring our school environment to observe seasonal changes, learning about pets, zoo and safari animals, exploring artificial habitats, and planting and observing the growth of wild flowers.
Personal, Social and Emotional Development
We will be using role play to explore how different characters express emotions through facial expressions, working in groups with a common goal, and discussing what makes us feel sad.
We will be playing a variety of games to begin developing our athletics skills.
We will be using iPads independently to collect and record information.
Health and Well-Being
We will be learning about how to look after our physical health, thinking about growing and changing; and exploring the ways of keeping safe.