Everyone Together With Jesus
Inspired by Jesus, we grow closer to God through prayer and worship.
We always do our best and show respect, love and care for everyone.
At St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School we uphold and teach our pupils about British Values of:
- The Rule of Law
- Individual Liberty
- Mutual Respect
- Tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs
Promoting respect, tolerance and understanding for all cultures, faiths and lifestyles is at the core of our school’s approach to personal development and curriculum design as we have a duty to prepare our children for life in modern Britain and to keep them safe from negative influences that attempt to create mistrust and division.
The promotion of modern British values and democracy is clearly evident within our school through the following:-
- Our School Mission Statement which outlines our commitment to tolerance, respect, celebration of difference
- Our School Rules, Behaviour Policy and Anti bullying policy
- Our bespoke and progressive PSHE and RSE curriculum, supported by the ‘No Outsiders: Everyone different, Everyone Welcome’ scheme
- Our assemblies and collective worship where we teach respect for all, right and wrong, tolerance and differences and respecting and following the law.
- E. lessons which teach the children about other faiths as well as their own.
- Our School Council and a democratic system of voting and providing a “voice” for all pupils.
- Close links within our parish, community and charity work
- Close links with the Police and their visible presence in our school
- Our “Mini Vinnies” group who support the work of the parish and wider community
- Curriculum areas which show how our values have evolved and shaped the Britain of today and the modern British values of our society, particularly History, Geography and learning about great British scientists, artists, designers and activists and their influence on Britain and the world