Welcome to the Reception webpage, we hope this page gives you all of the information about Reception that you need. If you would like information about anything else please do not hesitate to contact Miss Fitzpatrick & Mrs Lavender.
Autumn Term in Reception
We will be reading I’m going to eat this ant by Chris Naylor-Ballesteros and learning to:
- Hear and say the initial sound in words
- Segment the sounds in simple words and blend them together and know which letters represent some of them
- Link sounds to letters, naming and sounding the letters of the alphabet
- Begin to read words and simple sentences
- Enjoy an increasing range of books
- Read some common irregular words
- Begin to break speech down into words
- Hear and say the initial sound in words (and some subsequent sounds)
- Segment the sounds in simple words and blend them together (Write CVC words)
- Links sounds to letters, naming and sounding the letters of the alphabet
- Write labels and captions
- Phase 2: Sets 4 – 5
- Phase 3: Set 6
We will also be sharing a range of high-quality picture books, poetry and non-fiction texts.
Children will bring home a reading for pleasure book and nursey rhyme each week, and phonics books will be allocated online via the Active Learn Phonics Bug website.
Recognising numbers up to 10
Accurate counting numbers to 5
We will be further developing our understanding and sense of numbers to 10 by counting objects and people, sorting vehicles, and using coins to pay fares.
We will be studying topics related to ‘Myself’, ‘Welcome’, and ‘Birthdays’ as well as learning about Judaism.
Expressive Arts and Design
We will be using a range of tools to make marks, exploring combining and mixing colours, and learning nursery rhymes and simple songs.
Understanding the World
We will be developing our understanding of the world by talking about familiar people and places and significant events in our lives. We will also be exploring the school environment, observing seasonal changes, and learning about Diwali.
Personal, Social and Emotional Development
We will be discussing the importance of managing our feelings and thinking how our feelings affect how we behave.
We will be developing our gymnastics skills focusing on bouncing, jumping and landing.
Technology and Me
We will be making sense of and exploring the technology around us.
We will be thinking about families and friendships, safe relationships, and respecting ourselves and other.