Everyone Together With Jesus
Inspired by Jesus, we grow closer to God through prayer and worship.
We always do our best and show respect, love and care for everyone.
At St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School we uphold and teach pupils about British Values.
The British values are :-
- The Rule of Law
- Individual Liberty
- Mutual Respect
- Tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs
We ensure that through our school vision, ethos, agreed rules, curriculum and teaching we promote respect and tolerance for all cultures, faiths and lifestyles. As educators we have a duty to prepare our children for life in modern Britain and to keep them safe. We value the importance of and support the current Ofsted guidance.
The promotion of modern British values and democracy is clearly evident within our school through the following :-
- Assemblies and collective worship where we teach respect for all, right and wrong, tolerance and differences and respecting and following the law.
- R.E. lessons which teach the children about other faiths as well as their own.
- Our School Council and a democratic system of voting and providing a “voice” for all pupils.
- Our School Mission Statement which outlines our commitment to tolerance, respect, celebration of differences.
- Our School Rules and Behaviour Policy
- Anti bullying policy and practices including “Bully Busters”
- Personal, Health and Social Education (PSHE) in our school
- Close links within our parish, community and charity work
- Close links with the Police and their visible presence in our school
- Our “Mini Vinnies” group who support the work of the parish and wider community
Our History lessons which show how our British history has also helped to shape the modern Britain of today and the modern British values of our society